The Hollywood Inn
The Hollywood Lunch was opened in 1935 by Glenn Holmes at 420 West Main Cross Street. In 1941, the restaurant had moved to 947 Lima Avenue. In 1948, the business was run by Edith Holmes, and had changed its name to The Hollywood Inn at 1114 Lima Avenue. Sara VanScoit managed the Hollywood Inn from 1955-1961. In the early 1960s, the basement of the Hollywood Inn was cleaned up, and a stage was added so that teen bands could play live music and dance. It was a favorite of many teens until 1962, when it closed. Dave Hindall, who had worked at the Hollywood, purchased the furniture from the Hollywood, and opened the Pub on North Main Street. He also hired Sarah Van Scoit to manage the business for him.