The privacy, confidence, and trust of individuals who visit the Hancock Historical Museum websites, including Oktoberfest Findlay, and Social Media are important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that the Hancock Historical Museum collects online, and the ways in which the Hancock Historical Museum uses that personal information. This statement is limited to only the information collected online.
Personal information collection
The Hancock Historical Museum may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of the Hancock Historical Museum digital media.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the Hancock Historical Museum digital media.
- Information about transactions carried out over the Hancock Historical Museum digital media including the purchase of goods and services offered by the Hancock Historical Museum.
- Other information that you voluntarily send to the Hancock Historical Museum digital media platforms.
Using personal information
The Hancock Historical Museum may use your personal information to:
- Help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our digital media.
- Personalize the digital media for you.
- Send to you products that you purchase.
- Supply to you services that you purchase.
- Send you statements and invoices.
- Collect payments from you.
- Send you marketing communications with the choice to opt-in or opt-out.In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, the Hancock H
- Historical Museum may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
The Hancock Historical Museum will not use your personal information to:
- Provide user data to any third-party marketers unless you specifically opt-in to receive information from them, understanding this information may be released to these parties.
- Where the Hancock Historical Museum discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
- We do not sell, trade, or provide Personal Information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual.
Securing your data
The Hancock Historical Museum will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Updating this statement
Other websites and digital media
The Hancock Historical Museum website contains links to other websites and digital media. The Hancock Historical Museum is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- …by email to or
- …by U.S. Mail to Online Privacy, Hancock Historical Museum, 422 W. Sandusky St., Findlay, OH 45840.
The Hancock Historical Museum website uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of our website so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your web browser accordingly.