422 West Sandusky Street Findlay, Ohio
419-423-4433

Davis Learning Institute

The Davis Homestead, built circa 1843, is one of the oldest farmhouses left in Hancock County. It is a community treasure, one that has deep ties with many local residents. The Davis Homestead was moved from State Route 224 to the main campus of the Hancock Historical Museum in 2010, as the original farm was sold and cleared to make way for Birchaven Village. The structure is more than a house – it is a representation of the perseverance of the pioneers of our community. The Davis Learning Institute is set to become an off-campus home for the Center for Digital Storytelling & Participatory Media, a collaborative effort between the University of Findlay and the Hancock Historical Museum. It will provide a permanent, state-of-the-art home for collecting, storing, and interpreting digital narratives and oral histories from Hancock County residents. It will ultimately allow for the organic growth and development of collaborative relationships and serve as an incubator for innovative ideas and collective social impact.