- Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- Our Campus
The Davis Homestead & De-Wald Funk House were moved to the Museum campus in 2009. The De-Wald Funk House is not native to Hancock County but is of a traditional style that was commonly found in this area. Built in the mid-to-late 1860’s, the house is representative of the Civil War-Era houses in Findlay, and serves as a link between the log cabins of this area’s early settlement years and the grand homes of the Victorian Era.
The house was moved from Bascom, Ohio and fully restored by the Hancock County Preservation Guild in the 1990’s. The Davis Homestead is one of the oldest farmhouses in Hancock County. It is a community treasure, one that has deep ties with many local residents. The house is a representation of the steadfastness of the pioneers of our community. Restoration of the Davis Homestead is an ongoing effort.